Do you have a genuine desire to help and improve the quality of life for others and humanity?
There is a great need to care for the correctional population. If you are patient-focused, then correctional healthcare is for you!
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Behavioral Health Administrator, (Job ID 14007) to join our healthcare team at Northwest Correctional Complex located in Tiptonville, TN.
You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging, very rewarding and vital profession; while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person. The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, Free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Mental Health-related field
2. Masters Degree a plus
3. Must pass security clearance
4. PPD (Annual Purified Protein Derivative) and CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
1. Assists as needed in discharge planning and referral process to appropriate resources when inmates are close to discharge.
2. Quickly responds to and assess inmates in need of crisis intervention. Completes mental health crisis assessments in various inmate housing units.
3. Consults with the multidisciplinary team on all crisis intervention cases for possible transfers to alternate levels of care.
4. Provides group counseling as clinically appropriate, and agreed upon by the treatment team.
5. Initiates, completes and maintains all of the treatment plans, including group therapy portions of treatment plans. Attends weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocol.
6. Completes bio-psychosocial assessments and other mental health reports and summaries as required.
7. Provides documentation in accordance with department policies, procedures and Health Services Bulletins.
8. Completes a daily operations log.
9. Participates in mandatory training activities as well as orientation of new staff.
10. Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
11. Adheres to regulations of medical chart sign outs and returns all charts to Medical Records daily or via site specific Medical Records protocol.
12. Performs all duties as assigned
A more all-inclusive job description will be given on site during interview.
More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health. We have a 40 plus year history dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. Corizon Health provides patients with high-quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. Consider joining the Corizon Health team!
Need more information? Email Christine.Haskell@Corizonhealth.com
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Location/Region: Tiptonville, TN