Do you have a genuine desire to help and improve the quality of life for others and humanity?
There is a great need to care for the correctional population. If you are patient-focused, then correctional healthcare is for you!
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Physician, to join our healthcare team at Curran Fromhold Correctional Facility located in Philadelphia, PA.
You will contribute and glean highly varied expertise in a challenging, very rewarding and vital profession; while providing an atmosphere of empathy and respect for the dignity of the person. The impact you provide is incredibly valuable to society and often significantly assists in reducing recidivism rates.
Benefits for you: Opportunities for growth and advancement, Paid time off, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Tuition assistance, 401(K) with company match, Free online Continuing Education program, and Comprehensive onboarding.
1. Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of PA.
2. Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration
3. Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery, emergency medicine, hospitalist) required
4. Current CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) certification
Under supervision of the Site Medical Director, Corizon Health Physicians are an integral part of the medical team. Physicians are expected to take a leading role in delivery of healthcare services to our patients as well as responsibility for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
1. Visits the infirmary daily and documents encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensures Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensures all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensures all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
2. Adheres to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedure. Documents pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
3. Utilizes available in-house resource personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing off-site referral. Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
4. Demonstrates proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
5. Serves as a resource to other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
6. Performs all duties as assigned by Site Medical Director
A more all-inclusive job description will be given on site during interview.
More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health. We have a 40 plus year history dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. Corizon Health provides patients with high-quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. Consider joining the Corizon Health team!
Need more information? Email Christine.Haskell@Corizonhealth.com
Background check, security clearance, and drug screening required.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA